Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
- Appointments are recommended. Scheduled appointments will be seen before walk-ins, and our office hours may vary depending on scheduled appointments, parties, etc.
- We do not accept walk-ins after 4pm or on Saturdays
- Same day appointments cannot be booked online. Times are limited and are usually posted on social media day off.
- It is a best to either book online or call us ahead of time.
Is this appointment covered by my INSURANCE?
No. Because this is a Non-Diagnostic, elective ultrasound, and is not medically necessary, insurance does not cover them. Sneak Peek 3D does not provide any diagnosis or medical information pertaining to your pregnancy. We accept cash and all major credit cards.
Are Ultrasounds SAFE for me & my baby?
- Ultrasound has been used for decades in pregnancies. Ultrasound does not use any harmful dyes or radiation, only sound waves. It is considered safe with very low risk and no known harmful effects have ever been proven. For early pregnancies (first trimester), we may offer to show you the heart beat using no sound (M-mode) or only play the heartbeat for a brief moment as this limits the energy emitted to the tiny fetus as it is developing.
Can I bring in FRIENDS & FAMILY for my Ultrasound?
- Absolutely! In the ultrasound room, we have seating to accommodate approximately 5 adults and 4 children. More are welcome if they do not mind standing, Or our back room can seat about 8-10 adults with a projector screen for viewing as well.
When is the BEST time to come in and see my baby?
It really depends on how far along in your pregnancy you are, and what you would like to visualize!
ALL stages can be really neat to see baby grow!
- 7-12 Weeks – Baby is about the size of a blueberry. This is a good time to come in, listen to the heartbeat, and see your baby for possibly the first time! He/she is very tiny and just starting to grow little limbs.
- 15-20 Weeks – About the size of an orange, baby is still very thin (about 3-5 ounces), but you can visualize the entire baby with 3D imaging and start to see baby’s developing features! Also a good time to capture all of that movement and find out the GENDER!
- 22-28 Weeks – About the size/length of a scallion, baby is still small. You can start to see facial features a little better a well as see part of the body with the face in 3D. This is a good time for action/movement shots, although, at this time, babies do tend to put hands/legs in front of the face quite a bit!
- 32+ Weeks – About the size of a coconut, baby’s facial features are much more defined and he/she has accumulated more fat. This is a great time to see facial expressions such as smiling, drinking, and yawning, check for hair, and see about how much baby weighs!
Will I get perfect pictures of my baby at my visit at Sneak Peek 3D?
- Many factors can determine the quality of the ultrasound images that you receive. Every body is different and images can depend on things such as the amount of and clarity of amniotic fluid, maternal body type, placental position, and fetal position. We do the best we can to make every experience unique and fun for the families! If we feel our images are not the best that can be achieved within your time frame, we may offer 1 free return at no additional cost.
Please check for any special preparations for your appointment HERE
What if the Gender can't be determined during my session?
- If the gender cannot be determined during your scheduled time frame, we will offer for you to come back at another time at NO additional cost (15+ weeks only). Choosing to visit early will forfeit a free return if gender cannot be determined.
Will you be able to determine the GENDER more accurately with 3D?
- No. It can actually be determined more accurately with 2D imaging. We offer Gender Sessions in both 2D and 3D as an option/preference for the parents. At 15+ weeks, the baby is still very thin, but 3D allows you to see your entire baby in just a little more detail and see baby moving around live!
What is the Difference between a 3D & 4D ULTRASOUND?
- 3D Ultrasounds are a good way to see your baby’s facial features in more detail and dimension rather than the flat 2D, black & white.
- 4D is just 3D Images compiled into Live Video and gives you the opportunity to see your baby in action as well capture facial expressions such as smiling, yawning, etc.
What is HD LIVE?
- HD LIVE is the latest technology in 3D/4D ultrasounds. HD LIVE provides a movable light source within the camera and brings more anatomical realism to your images. This gives baby and even MORE realistic appearance as opposed to the yellowish/sepia tint of the 3D, and gives you an even better vision of what your baby will look like when they arrive!
Can you see if baby has HAIR on ultrasound?
- Yes! Hair starts growing around 20+ weeks and can be visualized on the back of baby’s head in 2D! We recommend checking over 30 Weeks.
Do you offer DISCOUNTS?
- Mid-Week specials available EVERY Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- 10% off for all Military Moms or Dads with proof of ID (session only)
- Check in on Facebook at your appointment & Get an additional 5% OFF
- We will also Match competitor pricing AND Add a FREE HD Live upgrade if you find a better deal and decide to come see us! We will verify the special and match the special/package & inclusions the best we can. Please keep in mind the amount of time offered and other inclusions before choosing competitor pricing. At Sneak Peek 3D, we try to include both more time in our packages with your little one as well as the latest technology and quality offered